Your solution for automated recapping of sample tubes
KapSafe™ is an automated, pneumatics-free, high-speed, benchtop unit for safe recapping of sample tubes. These will remain in the analyzer rack during recapping.
KapSafe™ Recapper handles all standard vacuum collection tubes with 13 to 16 mm diameter and enables repeated automated decapping and recapping.
KapSafe™ provides walkaway operations with an input capacity of up to 20 racks with various-sized tubes in each rack, recapping up to 1,200 tubes per hour.
Recapping of sample tubes – Compact and universal
Protect your analyzed sample tubes
It is an often seen practice in labs that analyzed sample tubes are closed for archiving by means of a lid covering all tubes of a rack or even left uncovered at all. From the lab quality point of view both methods are more than questionable. Evaporation, contamination and spillages jeopardize results of specimen reruns.
An easier, more effective way to recap your samples
Automatic foil based recapping of sample tubes leads to difficulties in removing the closure for a rerun and creates problems when recapping again. Manual recapping with plastic caps is ideal for simple and automatic decapping of the tubes but it is time consuming and it puts your personnel at risk for Repetitive Motion Injuries.
Storage and archiving
KapSafe™ is an automated benchtop recapper designed for safe recapping of sample tubes for storage or archiving. The system recaps all standard vacuum collection tubes and enables repeated automated decapping and recapping. It processes multiple types of racks with various-sized tubes in each rack.
KapSafe™ – Automated recapping of sample tubes with universal caps
- Minimizes evaporation and sample contamination for stored specimen tubes
- Protects against Repetitive Motion Injuries associated with manual recapping
- Improves lab productivity and process quality
KapSafe™ Demonstration videos
Specifications – KapSafe™
- Processing speed: Up to 1.200 tubes per hour
- Capacity cap hopper: 3.600 caps
- Capacity rack input and output: 15-20 racks each for input and output
- Tube types supported: Tubes with 75 – 100 mm length and 13-16 mm diameter, e.g. BD and Greiner
- Rack types supported: Roche Cobas® /Hitachi, Abbott Architect™, Beckman AU, Siemens Centaur® XP racks, LGP 10 pos. generic racks
- Dimensions: W x H x D 73 x 73 x 100 cm
- Voltage supply: 100 – 230 V / 50 – 60 Hz
- Power consumption: 36 VA
- Compressed air supply: Not required
Ready to get started?
Get in touch with us! Download the product catalog